International Interdisciplinary Conference on Clinical Supervision
- All abstracts must be submitted via the online submission form. Only complete abstracts should be submitted. There will be no opportunity to make changes to submitted abstracts.
- Abstracts must be in English.
- Abstracts should be no longer than 500 words.
- Abstract text should be original and in compliance with all copyright laws (i.e., not previously published/presented). Abstracts can discuss work that was used in a prior presentation/publication. However, the abstract text and focus must differ from the previous presentation/publication.
- Proposals submitted with identifying information will not be considered. To ensure anonymity, when reviewing abstracts, authors should provide no identifying information (i.e., nothing that might identify authors, such as author names, school names, or city or state names) in the title, the overview, or on any pages of the abstract.
- Use a standard Times New Roman font, no smaller than 12 point. Please do not use any special formatting (i.e. different fonts, all capitalized, double spacing, italics, bold and special characters.)
- An individual may submit more than one abstract. However, space and time constraints may allow only one selected presentation per author/organizer.
- All communication regarding the conference will be sent to the first author/organizer. A valid email address is required for all submitters.
- Once you enter a submission, you will receive a confirmation that your submission has been received.
- Abstracts will be reviewed as submitted. Authors will be notified of acceptance or rejection within several weeks of submission.
- Once the deadline for submitting an abstract has passed, all submitters will be notified of acceptance or rejection as soon as possible.
- Final acceptance is conditional upon registration of presenters by the Priority Registration.
- For oral presentations, presenters must use PowerPoint or present from handouts. A projector and screen for PowerPoint will be the ONLY audio-visual equipment provided. Presenters must bring their own laptop computers. No VHS or other equipment will be provided.
- For poster presentations, presenters must provide their own poster board. Also, there will not be room for any additional equipment (i.e., tables, chairs, laptops, etc.) at the poster presentations.
Oral and Poster Presentation
- A complete proposal includes the following:
- Identification of presentation format (either oral, poster, roundtable discussion, or workshop).
- Two (2) learning objectives (i.e., measurable outcomes of presentation which complete the sentence, “The participant will be able to…”)—each limited to 25 words, or less.
- A statement (50 words or less) which identifies the target audience and the purpose of the presentation.
- An abstract of no more than 500 words.
- A list of references cited in the abstract of no more than 300 words.
- Abstracts from the conference will be printed in the final meeting program. Please use the basic form for your abstract. UPPER CASE should be used for HEADINGS, NAMES and lower case should be used for text (descriptions).
- A profile for each author/presenter (contact and professional information) must also be submitted. Only professional information is required for co-authors.
- The presenting author should be listed first in the order of authors.
- Oral presentations will be restricted to 30 minutes plus 15 minutes for a question and answer dialogue with the audience.
For additional information, please contact:
Audrey Freshman, PhD, LCSW, CASAC
Director of Continuing Education and Professional Development
p – 516.877.4339
f – 516.877.4392
e – firstname.lastname@example.org